QuickBooks is a pioneer in the Accounting and Bookkeeping software industry. Intuit is successful in creating a complete monopoly in the accounting community. But that does not mean that QuickBooks is error free. It is a software at the end of the day and you will run into errors like the QuickBooks Error -6190, -816. An error message will also appear on your screen which will read:
“QuickBooks was unable to open the file [path] on the host computer.”
What Are The Causes Of The QuickBooks Error -6190, -816?
- In most cases, the error -6190, -816 of QB appears on your screen when there is a mismatch in the Transaction log file and the Company file. Therefore, when the “QBW” file does not identify with its linked “TLG” file, the QB triggers error -6190, -816.
- When you update your Company file without updating your Transaction file, your QuickBooks will show the error -6190, -816.
- Another user is trying to access the Company file while it is in single user mode.
- Corruption in the QuickBooks data file.
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Error -6190, -816?
Step 1: Download And Run QB Refresher
The QuickBooks Experts suggest that you use the QBRefresher tool on the desktop which has QuickBooks. This tool will close all the background processes that may be triggering the error -6190, -816. This step resolves the error for most users.
- First of all, download the QBRefresher installation file from the official Intuit website. Save the file on your desktop screen so that it can be easily accessed.
- Complete the process that you are working on in your QuickBooks and the close it.
- Now, go to your desktop screen and double-click on the QBRefresher.exe file to run the tool.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen. QBRefresherwill runs for about a minute.
- Open your QB desktop
- If you still encounter the QuickBooks error -6190, 816, move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Restart All Of Your Computers And Servers
In some cases, the whole system needs a full reset. Follow these steps in order.
- Go to the server computer which is hosting the company files and reboot it.
- Now, reboot all the computers which are on the network.
- Open QB Desktop on your server desktop.
- Open QB Desktop on all the computers.
- If the QB opens, you’re good to go. If you still encounter the error -6190, 816, move on to Step 3.
Step 3: Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager On Your Server
- In the case, you are hosting the company file on your own network, use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) for keeping the multi-user mode stable.
- You do not need a license number to run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Install the QBDBSM and open the start menu.
- Click on the QuickBooks Database Service Manager icon.
- Update QBDBSM to the latest version.
- Wait for the update to finish, restart your server computer.
- Open QB Desktop on your server pc.
Step 4: Move your company files to your local hard drive
If you still encounter theQB Error code -6190, 816 and your company file (.QBW) is currently stored on a removable drive like a pen drive or online, move your company file to a new location.
Get in touch with the Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts of 247techsupportnumber if you are not able to resolve the QuickBooks Error -6190, 816 manually by following the steps. Dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1-888-382-9112 to get in touch with them. Our services are available round the clock.