Many users encounter an error when operating on QuickBooks. One such error is the QuickBooks Error 6150. The error message associated with the QuickBooks Error 6150 is:
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Please try again.”
If you end up in a circumstance where are not able to start your Company file, and also the company file shows QuickBooks Error 6150 in the display, then the very first step is to get the cause of the error 6150. Once we know the causes we can start to fix the error.
What Are The Causes Of The QuickBooks Error 6150?
- The QBW or the company file is damaged. You must create a portable backup file.
- Installation of QuickBooks on your system is not complete or it is damaged.
- You are trying to open a portable file (.qbm) without opening your QB software.
- You’ve altered, or typed incorrect extension for the QuickBooks file.
- Trying to save a QuickBooks Mac file by utilizing QuickBooks for Windows.
- Virus or corruption on the QB Company Data file.
How To Solve QuickBooks Error 6150?
- When the error message is connected to file-extension of company file, then consider altering the File.
- Now, save the company file with the appropriate extension.
- Confirm that the company file is launching on a different computer.
- Choose to re-install your QuickBooks software if the file Isn’tupdated.
- Make sure that you choose “QuickBooks For Macintosh” when you are installing the software on Mac-based system. Install “QuickBooks For Windows” on the Window Operating system.
- Install a respectable and reliable anti-virus on your computer and run a scan before opening the company file.
A lot of times, the error isn’t fixed using the aforementioned steps. Try other steps for fixing the error.
Strategy 1: Restore from Backup
Among the steps mentioned above should function to solve the QuickBooks error 6150; yet, if the issue persists even after following the steps, then another best alternative would be to restore the company file from a backup file. Implement the below-given steps for restoring Company file from backup:
- First of all, open your QuickBooks and select file. Now click on Open or Restore Company option.
- Choose to restore a backup copy and tap on Next.
- In this step, choose a Local Backup.
- Click on Next button.
- Choose the place of Company file backup from the Look-In drop-down menu.
- Choose the backup. You will be able to easily recognize it as it will have .qbbextension.
- Tap on open and then click on Next button again.
- Head to the File-name field and write down a new company filename.
- Make sure that the file is automatically saved in the .qbw format.
- Tap on Yes.
- Click on yes again for confirming the overwriting process.
Drawbacks of all Backup animate:
- A lot of QuickBooks users are not able to create a backup file for their company data file. Now, there can be many reasons for which the Users are not creating the backup file and the most common reason is that they do not feel that it is an important process.
- the copy of the Business File. The main reason is they are unaware of the truth that backup records are both significant or they believe that copies are not unnecessary.
- A recently created backup is not available.
- Backup Restore did not run successfully or provided poor results.
Strategy 2: Develop a New QuickBooks Desktop document from Scratch
- First of all, open your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Head to the No Company Open window, and choose to create a new company file.
- Head to the QuickBooks Setup Window and fill-in the mandatory data in the respective fields.
- Click on Create Company.
- Start functioning by producing customers, chart of account and services.
The downside of creating a brand New QuickBooks Desktop files from scratch:
- Old data isn’t available.
- Most data is incorrect from the lack of old info.
- You will not be able to share the desktop file over the network.
Strategy 3: Recover lost information with QB Auto-recovery
- You need to recreate lost transactions. You can use the current transactions log file and the company data file.
- Now, recreate complete data but not for the past few hours of transactions, use the Company file and transaction log file for this.
Drawbacks of recovery with QB auto recovery:
- Auto recovery is not possibleinQuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise solutions.
- This feature is not available in accountant solutions.
- There’s a file-size limit (restricted to 1.5 GB =)
- Update QB Desktop according to the latest update.
How To Connect With QuickBooks Support Department?
You should be able to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6150 by following the steps given above. All the steps have been tested and tried by the reliable QuickBooks Experts of 247techsupportnumber. However, if the error still persists even after following the steps properly then you need to get in touch with the QB Experts by calling on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-477-0210.