QuickBooks Error -6000 -77 is a company file error that occurs when you have insufficient permission to access the QuickBooks files or folders. This error is one of the most common but critical error in the QuickBooks software. This error needs to be resolved as soon as possible because it can cause serious data damage. QB Error Code 6000, 77 comes up with the following error message:
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77).”
This article will help you in resolving the error code 6000, 77 in QuickBooks manually. You can also connect with the Intuit QuickBooks Support to get instant support for QuickBooks issues.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
- The company file you are trying to open is either missing
- Damaged or corrupted company file
- QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release
- Outdated version of QuickBooks
- You don’t have sufficient authorization to your server computer.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
Solution 1: General Solutions
- Restart your server computer
- Check your internet connection whether it is working fine or not
- Make sure that you have enough permissions and credentials to run QuickBooks
- Ensure that the QuickBooks software is installed on your administrator of Windows.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is one of the most important tools of QuickBooks that helps you to resolve general data damage issues automatically.
- Download the QB File Doctor Tool from the official website of Intuit.
- Install the tool properly and run it
- Select the file in which you are facing the error
- Provide the username and password if required
- Let the process to get finished and then restart your system
Solution 3: Rename .ND And .TLG files
The .ND and .TLG files are very important for QuickBooks to work appropriately. You will get an error code from the 6000 error series if these files get corrupted or damaged. You may have to rename the .ND and .TLG files in order to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77. When you rename these files, a new file will automatically gets created after opening the company file
- Go to the folder where the Company file is stored.
- Generally the location of these files are: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- Locate the files which have the same name as your company file but with extensions .ND and .TLG. Example: xxx.qbw.nd, xxx.qbw.tlg
- Right click on both files one by one and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Add the word OLD at the end of the file name. Example: xxx.qbw.nd.OLD, xxx.qbw.tlg.OLD
Solution 3: Use UNC Patch File Name, Not The Mapped Drive
- Right click on the QB icon while pressing and holding the CTRL key
- Select Run as Administrator from the drop-down list.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key to open the No Company Window
- Go to File > Open or Restore Company > Open a company file > Next.
- Select Network from the left pane.
- Navigate to the folder location of the Company file.
- Set folder permissions and then open the company file.
Solution 4: Configure Firewall And Security Software
You may face the QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -77 due to the improper configuration of firewall settings. The miss-configured firewall can block the internet connection which is important for various QuickBooks tools. You can update the firewall running on your computer to the latest release which can fix the error. you can also configure the firewall manually.
Solution 5: Recreate The Damaged folder
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E and go to the C:\ drive of your syste,
- Create a new folder in your C: drive and name it QBtest123.
- Open the folder where the company file is located.
- Right-click on the .qbw file and click on Copy from the drop-down list.
- Paste the file into the newly created folder.
- Set Windows access permissions to share company files.
- Open QB Desktop and open the file from the new location.
Get Support For Your Company File Issues
The provided method will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 77. However, if you keep on facing the same issue then it is important for you to reach out to the customer support team of Intuit. To do so, you need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-382-9112 toll-free and the Intuit certified ProAdvisor will be connected to you instantly.